Welcome to The Cayman Islands Equestrian Federation (CIEF)
The Cayman Islands Equestrian Federation (CIEF) is a non-profit volunteer organizaion that was founded in 1997 to serve as the national governing body, and to promote the advancement of, equestrian sports in the Cayman Islands. The CIEF produces a series of equestrian competitions, arranges training opportunities with professionals from overseas, supports the Cayman Islands’ perticipation in international equestrian sporting events, sponsors visits by equine veterinary specialists and works with the Cayman Islands government to prevent the abuse of horses on the island.
The CIEF aims to educate, organize and support those interested in equestrian activities, as well as to encourage fun and good sportsmanship, not just among horse owners, but the community as a whole.
The Cayman Islands Equestrian Federation is a member of the Caribbean Equestrian Association (CEA), the Cayman Islands Olympic Committee (CIOC), the Pan American Equestrian Confederation (PAEC) and the Federation Equestrian International (FEI). The Cayman Islands is included in FEI Group IV, and competes in FEI Zone 10 for the FEI World Dressage and Jumping Challenges.
Highlights of equestrian sports in the Cayman Islands:
- In 2017 the Cayman Islands Team was named Reserve Champion at the inaugural PAEC Caribbean Junior Jumping Challenge held at Savannah College of Art & Design
- In 2017 the Cayman Islands Adult Team were named the winners of the CEA Dressage Challenge and the Cayman Islands Children’s Team placed second.
- The Cayman Islands was represented in Show Jumping at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.
- Jessica McTaggart Giuzio and her horse Ray of Light became the first equestrian participant from the Cayman Islands in the Central American and Caribbean Games (CAC) in 2010 and Pan Am Games in 2011.
- The Cayman Islands Team won the FEI World Dressage Challenge for Zone 10 in 2014.
- The Cayman Islands Team was a joint winner of the 2013 Caribbean Equestrian Association’s Junior Show Jumping Competition.
- In 2014, the Cayman Islands junior team won the Caribbean Equestrian Association’s Regional Dressage Challenge for the fourth year in a row.
- Three junior riders from the Cayman Islands placed in the top three spots (1st, 2nd & 3rd) in the FEI Preliminary test and in the top four spots overall (1st, 2nd & 4th) at the Children of the America’s Dressage Invitational (CADI) in 2013. At CADI in 2014 a Cayman rider placed 1st in the FEI Preliminary test, 2nd in the Freestyle Test, and 2nd over all.